Wednesday, 24 August 2011

If You Don’t Who Will?

What a father says to his children in the privacy of home is not heard by the world, but it is clearly heard by posterity. A mega-church pastor writes: ‘Years ago I was invited to the White House to meet the President and a few key religious leaders. It was the first of such invitation this country boy ever received. However, when I called home I discovered my son’s basketball game was rescheduled for that weekend and I had already missed one. The question became one of simple priority, ‘What is most important?’ The government had been running without me for years, so I called the White House and said I wouldn’t be coming. They recovered from the news beautifully! I went to the game and had the fun seeing my son shooting the winning basket. Paul said, ‘Be careful how you live making the most of every opportunity’ (Ephesians 5:15-16 NIV). How you spend your time reveals your real values and priorities. Dads, are you spending quality time with your children?
Karl Max said that to conquer a nation you just have to block the transfer the values, morals and beliefs between generations. Solomon said, ‘The righteous man walks in his integrity; his children are blessed after him (Proverbs 20:7 NKJV). Dad, before you know it, they will be gone but what legacy will they take with them? Your kids are like mirrors, they reflect what they see and it is hard for them to see God as their heavenly Father unless He is clearly visible in their earthly one. So take them by the hand, lead them in the way of the Master (Ephesians 6:4 TM). Tell the next generation of his power and the wonders he has done. If you don’t who will?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis